Charlotte is a bustling southern city with some amazing historical roots! The rich history and culture of the Queen City boils down to one famous intersection in the heart of uptown- Trade and Tryon.
Once the juncture of two major Native American trading routes, this intersection remains rich in commerce, hospitality, and local culture 250 years later.Here are some fun facts about Center City worth sharing…
• Charlotte Center City is the fifth-busiest Central Business District in the country for office construction, behind only New York, Chicago, Seattle and Washington.
• There’s growth in office space and jobs is the rapid in-migration of young, skilled talent seeking opportunities.
• Demand for additional hospitality inventory has driven incredible growth in Center City hotel rooms, with a 54 percent increase in room nights booked in the past 10 years.
• Since 2013, Charlotte Center City has added more than 6,000 apartments, 2.65 million square feet of office, 1,015 hotel rooms and 567,000 square feet of retail.
• Uptown Charlotte will be home to more than 48% of the market’s Class A office space upon completion of all projects in development.
(source: Thank you to Charlotte Center City Partners for providing these statistics and projections.)